Andrew Law (1873-1967)
Andrew Law (1873-1967) was a well known painter of portraits, birds, still lives and street scenes, especially of Glasgow. He was born at Kilmaurs in Ayrshire and educated in Kilmarnock. He studied at the Glasgow School of Art 1890-96 and in Paris at the Academie Delecluse 1896-97. Andrew Law exhibited at the Royal Scottish Academy extensively from 1907 to 1954, and also at the Glasgow Institute and the Paris Salon. He was a member of Glasgow Art Club and was on the staff of Glasgow School of Art for twenty years. His works are held by Glasgow Museums and in the Atkinson Art Gallery in Southport.